Monday, April 2, 2012

productive weekend

Saturday started out with a 3.6 mile walk. My shoes that I've been using were getting pretty bad. I didn't want to risk hurting something if I tried mixing in some jogging too. Now I have a nice blister on my pinky toe. That afternoon while running errands, I got new shoes. These [pretty]bad boys. I also picked up some new earphones. [Pretty] pink ones. Oddly enough I feel tougher/stronger in girly colors. Getting shoes just for running felt awesome. I guess it's because I'm proud of myself for actually sticking with a workout routine for so long. Yes, 2 1/2 months is a long time in fatland. The highlight of my day was being told I look skinnier. I'd seen someone that I haven't seen since the beginning of Dec. Not even someone that I'm close to. It felt so good to hear. OldNavy was having their 50% of clearance sale so I grabbed some motivation clothes; size Lg tops, size 12 jeans and size 10 khakis. I also found some cute tanks that I bought in XL for this summer. With the abnormally hot spring we are having, I think I'll get some good use out of them. Only paid full price for a pair of bermuda shorts that I know I'll get good use out of this summer. I loved being able to pick size Lg and feel confident that they will fit without trying them on. I've heard/read so many times of how it takes your mind a while to catch up to your body when its comes to size. I dealt with that when I lost my first 40# on WW. I'm trying to be more mindful of it this time. One errand I didn't get to check off my list was the jewelry store. They closed before I could get there. I need to get my engagement rind and wedding band resized. Or at least something done. They are so big that they just fall off. I was also about 70# heavier when we got married. I hate to have to have them altered but I care more about being able to wear them again. Sunday morning I got in 2.9 miles. It took me 43 min and I jogged 14 min. I was trying to push myself to jog 20 min but it was hotter than I'm used to and I don't do well in the heat. My new shoes made a huge difference. I'm so glad I made the splurge.

No comments:

Post a Comment